We, Books for Eastern Europe are a freelance agency specialized in the representation of Western English-language academic, scientific and professional publishers to trade, college, institutional / librarian, professional and individual markets of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
Our focus is on both printed and electronic books and print and online serial and non-serial publications.
For traditional, cultural, geopolitical and economic reasons, the CEE countries we work in include: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
We ensure professional representation through:
- regular calling on all key trade and institutional customers, libraries
- participation in local and international book fairs
- local specialised exhibitions, congresses and presentations
- mailings (both printed and electronic) to trade, college, institutional, professional and individual customers
- promotion of both subject clusters and individual titles, as well as entire lists
- marketing research to locate new potential customers for our publishers’ titles
- quotations and title recommendations
- customer service
- selected functions of credit control on behalf of our publishers
- assistance in forwarding local book proposals to relevant publishers
- on request deal in foreign rights
We do not:
- stock, distribute, consolidate or forward any books
- invoice customers on behalf of publishers
- make editorial decisions as to whether a given book will be accepted for publicaton with one of our publishers
- charge our CEE customers for our services
We are happy to be at your service and hope you are satisfied with us.